Board Meeting Tuesday, October 9, 2018, at 9:00 am
at The Rellik Tavern, 726 First Street, Benicia, CA
The Downtown Benicia Alliance is a partnership of our Businesses that, together we will promote the common interests of and improve advocacy for our downtown.
Celebrating Local Merchants Every Day.
1. Call to Order and Roll Call:
2. Public Comment: Members of the Public are invited to comment on any item related to the affairs of the Downtown Benicia Alliance. Each member has up to three minutes to address the Board. The Board is not allowed to discuss matters brought up during public comment.
3. Approval of Agenda: Chair will seek approval of the Agenda. Only items already on the agenda may be discussed. Approval of the Agenda allows for adjustment of the order in which items are discussed. Recommended Action: Vote to approve agenda as presented.
4. Review of Minutes: Review of minutes of July 24, 2018 meeting. Minutes to be presented at this meeting for approval at the December 11, 2018 meeting. Recommended Action: Review minutes.
5. Security in the Downtown: Benicia Police Chief Upson has been invited to discuss security, traffic and vandalism in the downtown. Recommended Action: Receive information and input from Board Members and public.
6. Downtown Economic Activity Update: City Staff will provide an update on economic activity in the downtown. Recommended Action: Receive update and input from Board Members and public.
7. Update on Decorative Lights in Trees: City Staff will provide an update on maintenance of the decorative tree lights and preparations for the holiday tree lighting. Recommended Action: Receive update and input from Board Members and public.
8. Discuss and Initiate Nomination Letter and Application for Board of Director Elections: Discuss in preparation of elections to occur at the December 11, 2018 meeting. Recommended Action: Approve nomination letter and application.
9. Future Items: Chair will solicit from Board Members items to be placed and discussed on a future agenda. Recommended Action: Receive input for future agenda items.