Downtown Benicia Alliance (DBA)
Special Board Meeting: Friday, February 26, 2016 6:30pm
Sailor Jack’s, 123 First Street, Benicia, CA 94510
Notice to the Public:
You are welcomed and encourage to participate in this meeting. Public comment is taken (3 minutes maximum per person) on items listed on the agenda when they are called. Public Comment on items not listed on the agenda will be heard at the meeting as noted on the agenda. Comments on controversial items may be limited and large groups are encouraged to select one or two speakers to represent the opinion of the group. The order of Agenda items is listed for reference and may be taken in any order deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors. The Agenda provides a general description; however, the Board of Directors may take action other than what is recommended.
Brown Act Notice:
Government Code Section 54950 (The Brown Act) requires that a brief description of each item to be transacted or discussed be posted at least 24 hours prior to a special meeting. Action may not be taken on items not posted on the agenda. Meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. If you require special assistance to participate in the meeting, notify Leah Shelhorn at 707-745-0254 at least 24 hours prior to this special meeting.
Board of Directors for 2016:
1. Leah Shelhorn, Chair, Studio 41, Gifts4 Every1, Capitol District
2. Renee Marie Jordan, Vice Chair & Treasurer, Jordan Real Estate Group-Re/MAX Gold & Gallerie Renee Marie, Park District
3. Eileen Stern, Secretary, Re Max Gold Real Estate, Waterfront District
4. James Morgan, Sailor Jacks, Waterfront District
5. James Long, Pups and Purrs, Waterfront District
6. Carl Lucca, Lucca Restaurant, Waterfront District
7. Jeanne Steinman, Benicia Magazine/Urban Notions, Waterfront District
8. Thomas Hamilton, The Rellik Bar, Capitol District
9. Tom Gavin, Gavin and Schreiner, Capitol District, 2nd Floor
Mario Giuliani, Economic Development Manager, City of Benicia
Special Board Meeting Agenda:
1. Call to Order:
2. Public Comment: Members of the Public are invited to comment on any item related to the affairs of the Downtown Benicia Alliance. Each member has up to three minutes to address the Board. The Board is not allowed to discuss matters brought up during public comment.
3. Approval of Agenda: The Chair will seek approval of the Agenda. Only items already on the agenda may be discussed. Approval of the Agenda allows for adjustment of the order in which items are discussed.
4. Approval of Minutes: The Chair will seek approval of the January 21, 2016 minutes. The minutes should be approved if they meet the adequately and accurately the decisions and action made at the previous meeting. If a Board Member was absent for a meeting, they should abstain from voting, unless their vote is necessary to make a quorum, at which point they may vote on the item.
5. Benicia Film Festival: Labor Day Weekend, a Friday, Saturday and Sunday Event being held on First Street. This event will bring people from all over the Bay Area and it is at the Majestic Theatre, in the heart of First Street. Last year’s event was a huge success. Bringing it all to First Street is a great bonus for our stores, restaurants, and strollers while there are intermissions during Saturday and Sunday. Friday after the Opening Ceremony, people will walk First Street and window shop, eat, and enjoy. There are lunch breaks of 1/12 hours, so, that is a great amount of time for people to “Love Benicia”.
Proposal: To host/sponsor the event on Saturday. Board Action Required.
6. Review: and Vote: Examples of the new First Street “Street Signs”, provided by City Staff. Discussion and Board Action Required.
7. Update on Lighting Meeting with City Staff: Information only.
8. Agenda items for next meeting.
Minutes from January 21, Special Board Meeting: